Vision of art
1. Choose a work that represents you, describe it in relation to its format and materiality, its relation with time and space, its style and theme; detail its production process.
Despite the fact that all my work done so far by me represents each stage of my life, "Dragonfly" [TN: Originally in English] does it especially. It’s a self portrait done in 2006 and is about a very important part of my life, a kind of rebirth, of a return to hope, to rethink color.
2. In general terms, how would you suggest to approach your work?
I want the viewer to feel identified with the characters in my work; I want the work to become a mirror of Narcissus to show the viewers themselves. Although I believe that my work has many layers, I would feel very happy if only this happened.
3. In reference to your work and your position in the national and international art fields, what tradition do you recognize yourself in? Who are your contemporary referents? What artists of previous generations are of interest to you?
I do not recognize myself in any particular tradition, perhaps... I have a bit of all. I like the work of Berni, León Ferrari, Oscar Bony, Carlos Alonso, Diego Rivera, Julio Galán. Of the local artists I like: Ananké Asseff and Marcelo Torretta. Also the work of Loretta Lux and Tracey Emin because of the “reality show” format of their work.
4. Choose works or exhibitions from the last ten or fifteen years which in your opinion were very significant and explain why
One of the most significant exhibitions for me was that of León Ferrari at the Recoleta Cultural Center (Buenos Aires), because of the impressive of his work and because of what it generated in people. Chains of prayers included. I also remember the exhibition at Proa Foundation by July Galán (1997) and, abroad, the unforgettable installation at Tate Modern: The Weather Project, by Olafur Eliasson in 2003.
5. What tendencies or groupings from common elements do you see in argentine art of the last ten or fifteen years?
Do not know, do not answer. Silent artist.