I was born in Buenos Aires in 1975. I studied in the ENBA Lola Mora, attended the workshop dictated by Carlos Bissolino and the course “Nuevas Tendencias en el Arte Contemporáneo” (New tendencies in Contemporary Art), by Laura Batkis. Third Biennial of Young Art, Braque Award, Fun. Banco Patricios, Fortabat Award, M.N.B.A., Third prize, National Art Biennial of Bahía Blanca, Creation Grant, Fundación Antorchas, Línea Joven award, C.C. Recoleta, Estímulo award, M.B.A. de Rafaela, Ingenuo Poder, El Sótano, Di Paola, Sábato. A todo color (In full colour), Filo, Lozano, Di Paola, Galería Blanca, Lozano, Di Paola, Bertone, Salamanco, Espacio Cinco, Lozano, Sábato, Palmeiro, Di Paola, Vacío Global (Global Emptiness), C. C. Rojas.
Vision of art
1. Choose a work that represents you, describe it in relation to its format and materiality, its relation with time and space, its style and theme; detail its production process.
1. From some years now, I’ve been working on a series of works that reflect upon the present of the city and mechanization. The architecture of the outskirts from where I start, is metabolized and sublimated into works that prevail or visually impose themselves as geodetic gems before an emptiness that is actually the opposite or the flipside of saturation, of dense culture; these objects or mind architectures are, by opposition, clear, sharp and autonomous. Its solidity is unreal, but it allows me to believe and make the journey.
2. In general terms, how would you suggest to approach your work?
My work should be gone through as if it were an experimental journey
3. In reference to your work and your position in the national and international art fields, what tradition do you recognize yourself in? Who are your contemporary referents? What artists of previous generations are of interest to you?
I recognize myself as a part of the constructivist aesthetics of Dock Sud tower blocks.
4. Choose works or exhibitions from the last ten or fifteen years which in your opinion were very significant and explain why
Greco in the MNBA; El Tao del arte (The Tao of art) / La nueva figuración (The new figuration), CC Recoleta; in Galería Klemm, Aisemberg / Warhol: Arte Abstracto Argentino (Argentine Abstract Art), Fundación Proa; Suárez, Pombo, Harte, Galería Ruth Benzacar.
5. What tendencies or groupings from common elements do you see in argentine art of the last ten or fifteen years?