Argentine family founded by Benedikt Taschen, a father who conceived his three children with no wife. Lean is the son gestated for thirty years in an ark, Angelika, Taschen is the woman who became an artist, gallery owner and prostitute. From the last mental effort from the Pope Benedikto, was born Benjamin, youngest son who won fame when he proclaimed genius.
People have said that we are cousins of irony and that we move as mobsters, stealing without concealing the stolen property. They have told us thieves and we have not flushed because we are proud to acknowledge it. We have traveled from far away a long time led by stars that were extinguished in the CEC of Rosario, where we hid for a month.
Wanting to get to Buenos Aires, we stopped in the space La Punta de Tucumán, where we wrote a manifesto that we read in the door of the House of Independence, as did Luther in Wittenberg Church.
After months of walking as nomads, we boarded a train that stopped short steps of the Capital, in Ramos Mejía station. They have seen us together one last time.
Vision of art
1. Choose a work that represents you, describe it in relation to its format and materiality, its relation with time and space, its style and theme; detail its production process.
We choose the original work that we will never make, because it is the one that best describes our relation slip with the space, with our style, our subject and our process of production.
2. In general terms, how would you suggest to approach your work?
3. In reference to your work and your position in the national and international art fields, what tradition do you recognize yourself in? Who are your contemporary referents? What artists of previous generations are of interest to you?
We are so contemporary; our only reference is our father, the editor Benedikto Taschen. We are interested towards all the artists he has published; those are the ones, and the only ones who will generate tradition.
4. Choose works or exhibitions from the last ten or fifteen years which in your opinion were very significant and explain why
The most significant works are those that in the art circuit have been recognized as authentic original Taschens. We won’t mention anyone so we won’t forget about anyone in particular.
5. What tendencies or groupings from common elements do you see in argentine art of the last ten or fifteen years?
Those who copy, hide and those who do not.